Saturday, November 4, 2017

3D: On Longing

The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale.

Though bigger than all the buildings in the composition, the shear scale of the buildings taken in context are ginormeous and many.

Capacity of objects to serve as traces of authentic experiences.

I was given this oragami swan when I purchased and item from overseas. The seller included this as a thank you, showing their practice and authenticity as well as their kindness.

The souvenir reduces the public, the Monumental, the three-dimensional into the miniature, that which can be enveloped by the body.

During my stay in China I acquired a set of Chinese juggling balls. Within the balls are chimes that sound when juggled, encapsulating the memories of noise and art from my visit.


Nostalgia cannot be sustained without loss.

I chose this photo to reminese over my awesome bowl cut that my mom thought was a good idea at the time.


To have a souvenir of the Exotic is to possess both a specimen and a trophy.

The Megaladon shark tooth on top is exotic and holds a more bold significance due to its size. The tooth below is made of clay, but still holds a powerful idea based off it's size as well. (Penny for scale)


No comments:

Post a Comment